TECNA is pleased to announce the 4th annual Innovation Awards winners! The 2022 awards recognize TECNA member council staff who have been integral to developing and implementing impactful and innovative work on behalf of their tech association or council with a milestone in 2021.
Finalists and winners were recognized at the TECNA Summer Conference held July 20-22, 2022 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, at a reception held at Aurora.
#techcouncils #tecna2022 #innovationawards
2022 TECNA Innovation Award Categories:
- Innovative Member & Client Services or Programs: This category recognizes one or more team members who implemented innovative work or projects that creatively recruited or retained council members and/or clients beyond normal daily operations and events to recruit or retain members and clients.
- Creative Marketing & Communications: This category recognizes one or more team members who developed innovative marketing, communications or social media strategies strengthening the brand and community engagement of the tech council.
- Talent Pipeline & Workforce: This category recognizes one or more team members who have developed innovative workforce or talent pipeline initiatives. Types of programs or initiatives may include: K-12 STEM, Higher-Ed STEM, CTE, Training/Re-Training, Apprenticeships, Internships, Job Portals, Mentoring, Coding and DEI.
- Major Impact on Tech Community: This category recognizes one or more team members who have made a substantial impact on the tech community or on the community at large either individually or on behalf of their tech council. Impact could be related to leadership roles in tech related efforts (i.e., Dept. of Ed advisory committees, city council board of advisors, etc.), direct service, mentoring, volunteering, etc.
- Innovation in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: This category recognizes one or more team members who have developed innovative initiatives in Diversity Equity and Inclusion. This may be an initiative or program instituted for tech council staff/governance or may be a program or initiative for their council members.
- Public Policy Advocacy: This category recognizes one or more team members who have led creative efforts on behalf of their tech council in the area of public policy advocacy. Among the areas to be recognized include but are not limited to: campaigns to pass or defeat legislation or regulations important to the tech industry or developing and/or growing public policy as a membership service benefit.
- Legislator of the Year/Official of the Year – TECNA category recognizes regional/state/provincial/national legislators or officials whom TECNA acknowledges as advocates for tech in government. Officials from Canada and/or the USA will be recognized and will be presented the award in person at a later date.