About the NH Tech Alliance
The NH Tech Alliance (the Alliance) is a member-driven statewide organization supporting companies at every stage of growth and development from start-ups to established leaders in the global economy. We are committed to nurturing a vibrant tech ecosystem by building partnerships, enhancing knowledge, and shaping public policy. While the Alliance was founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on having the energy, passion, and commitment of a start-up and the ability to remain agile to support our membership base.
The Alliance has grown substantially and we are being increasingly recognized as an important part of NH’s business ecosystem. Our work is focused on four value pillars: education and programming, advocacy and policy, ecosystem engagement, and talent and workforce development. These pillars are built upon a foundation of events and networking, member resources and benefits, operational and organizational functions, and the financial sustainability of the Alliance. We are exploring a variety of opportunities to collaborate with like-minded organizations to further our mission. Among many other initiatives, we recently announced a new affiliation with Alpha Loft, a start-up incubator and accelerator. 2018 is a pivotal year for these integration opportunities and also Alliance efforts on rebranding.
Until now, the Alliance has leveraged an outsourced leadership model with a part-time Executive Director. With our growth, we are now excited to bring on board our first full-time Executive Director to take the NH Tech Alliance to the next level.
About the Position
The Alliance Board is now seeking an experienced, energetic, entrepreneurial Executive Director who is committed to serving our members and the New Hampshire tech ecosystem.
The Alliance’s Executive Director is the public face and professional leadership of the Alliance as well as the chief membership supporter, public spokesperson and primary contact. The Executive Director works at the direction of, and in close cooperation with, an engaged Board of Directors and board subcommittees.
This senior level, full-time position ensures the long-term viability and success of the Alliance. The Executive Director reports to, and works closely with the Board of Directors to ensure overall strategic alignment, effectiveness, and visibility of the organization. The Executive Director also manages a small staff of dedicated professionals.
The Executive Director must embrace and professionally represent the membership needs and mission of the NH Tech Alliance in all daily activities including participation in various events and collaborative opportunities throughout the State. While the role is based out of Manchester, NH, it will require state-wide travel as necessary to meet the needs of, and deliver value to, our membership.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board of Directors, dedicated staff and volunteers to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through strategic planning, committees, advocacy at the State and national levels and delivery of compelling events and programming. Takes a thought leadership role in ongoing strategic planning and implementation efforts and effectiveness.
Financial Performance and Viability: Serves as the lead financial steward of member and sponsor dollars. Develops revenue generating programs to support the Alliance’s mission and diversify funding sources sufficient to ensure the financial health, sustainability, and growth of the organization. With the Board Treasurer, develop and manage the approved annual budget and submit monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition. Manage P/L and drive discussions on return on investment to create, sustain, and sunset programming.
Membership and Alliances: Enhance the Alliance’s image by being active and visible throughout the State by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations. Manage critical external relationships with members, entrepreneurs, mentors, innovation support organizations, colleges, universities and community colleges and other groups with a vested interest in developing the tech ecosystem in New Hampshire. Serves as the Alliance’s primary spokesperson to constituents, the media, and public while ensuring opportunities for Board Member engagement and visibility.
Board of Directors Support: Leading the NH Tech Alliance in a manner consistent with the Alliance’s By-laws that supports and guides the organization’s mission in collaboration with the Board of Directors. This includes communicating effectively with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors to provide timely and accurate information necessary for the Board of Directors to function effectively and to make informed decisions that strengthen the tech ecosystem and deliver value to members.
Management & Operations: Organize, implement and oversee resources, programming, and events to ensure that the administration of all operations is appropriate and effective. Duties include the hiring and retention of competent and qualified staff as well as sourcing and retention of volunteers and external vendors. Establishes employment, volunteer and general administrative policies and procedures for all functions and day-to-day operations. Oversees online and print marketing strategy and execution and other communications efforts with media.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Base salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Performance bonus based upon meeting or exceeding annual goals
- Entrepreneurial mindset balanced with a pragmatic approach to opportunities
- Degree from an accredited, four-year college or university, MBA preferred
- Five or more years of senior management experience within a nonprofit organization
- Experience in and comfort with public speaking to both small and large groups
- A value-based approach to managing numerous existing and prospective stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority
- Manages through transparent and high integrity leadership
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- A strong team-based approach in working with and motivating staff and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills, including, but not limited to, the productive use of traditional and social media
- Proven ability to build internal and external ‘trusted-advisor’-type relationships
- Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and the community at-large
- Demonstrates presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability
- Goal driven, organized “self-starter” that exhibits follow through on tasks and can manage in a fast-paced environment with many moving pieces
- Budget management skills, including preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, program development, and task facilitation
- A demonstrated passion for technology and business growth in New Hampshire
- Knowledge of state government affairs processes is a plus
- Occasional out-of-state travel required
How to Apply
Contact EDsearch@nhhtc.org with a cover letter, CV, and any other supporting materials. Any questions can be directed to the same email.